• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 8

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
*points finger at Key*

Ha ha! (Nelson voice)

Uh... my quote will have to wait until I get home. I have a particular quote in mind. Smile So... another 3 or 4 hours if someone wants to put up a mini-game.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Galap, per the rules on the OP, your quote is not valid right now because it's Tuor of Gondolin's turn. You must either correctly answer a quote or be taking advantage of a pass to post one yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Not counting the ones that were guessed when Key didn't have the time or opportunity, this was definitely one that was not recognized. Twisted Evil

Minigame?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
From the dub:

Character A: Commander, I hope you’re not putting the lives of our men at risk simply because you’re feeling sorry for the Ambassador.

Character B: Who, me?! Feel sorry for a (Family name)?! Whatever gave you that idea?!

Character A: Huh?

Character B: If I hear any of that nonsense coming out of your mouth again, I’ll see that your tongue is cut out, chopped into a thousand tiny little pieces, and fed to my precious birdies.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Minigame: spoiler[I have to put my posthumous name on the marker, but I have no idea how to come up with a proper one. Could you please give me one?]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm pretty sure this is spoiler[Admiral Spoor (B) referring to "Abriels" (Lafiel being the Ambassador in this case) in a scene from Banner of the Stars II, probably in reference to Lafiel talking her into helping with the evacuation of the prison planet. I think A is her chief subordinate Kufadis, but I'm not 100% sure about that.)]

And if it isn't, well, it sounds like something she would say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fifth B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Character A is spoiler[Admiril Spoor] speaking in spoiler[Banner of the Stars II]. Context is spoiler[Spoor has just agreed to come to the aid of Lafiel during the rather chaotic evacuation of Lobnas II, and is threatening/teasing (it's always hard to tell with her) her subordinate]. The family name in question is, of course, spoiler[Abriel].

Edit: Aw, crap!
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
SereneChaos wrote:
Minigame: spoiler[I have to put my posthumous name on the marker, but I have no idea how to come up with a proper one. Could you please give me one?]

This is the correct minigame answer.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Key is correct, and first (sorry, Fifth B).

I just *love* that woman. When you talk about Strong Women in Anime, it's a shame that more people don't know about her. She just *oozes* awesome from every pore. Smile

Oh, and she's also *full* of great quotes (so is the series in general).
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
...I just *love* that woman. When you talk about Strong Women in Anime, it's a shame that more people don't know about her. She just *oozes* awesome from every pore...

Strong women are the best characters in anime. You've pushed me over the mildly interested -> gonna watch hurdle for Banner / Crest of the Stars.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Eeeh, but most of the time in anime strong woman = total bitch =/
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure that the "total bitch" label would fit Admiral Spoor, though. She's quite the character.

And errinundra: I'll warn you that Spoor does not have a lot of screen time in the first two series. However, the franchise is loaded with strong female characters; the female lead is no one to be trifled with, nor is her initial commanding officer or Empress Spunej. They're all great, strong female characters without being unbelievably so.

Anyway, my next quote, which kinda deals with an entirely different nature of female strength. The sub version, which is worded quite differently but talks about the same topic, is more bland and spoilerish than this dub version, so I won't be including it here:

“Does this mean that we have electricity in our butts?”
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yoshika asking a really odd question to Shirley in regards to the bug neuroi invading their personal space in Strike Witches Season 2]

pass
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
here

Vaisaga wrote:
spoiler[Anime is Strike Witches 2. Character A is Shirley, Character B is Yoshika. They're talking about the bug like Neuroi that kept draining the electricity around the base and flying up the girls' butts.]

spoiler[B would be the speaker, and A the addressee in how Key quoted it.]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Boy, I did not remember that one coming up only a couple of weeks ago. Normally I look at every single quote that comes up, too. Guess I should have gone with option #2. . .

Anyway, getchman got the near-freebie, so the next quote is up for grabs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 100